Free weight training is a very good way to build strength and muscle. It can be utilized as part of a larger workout regime, or employed on its own.
There are a number of different forms of strength training, each with their own advantages. Your personal goals and the type of training you do will ultimately affect the number of repetitions and sets you undertake per session, and the number of sessions you undertake per week.
- One of the key benefits of building up muscle, through weight training, is its ability to increase your metabolism during and after exercise.
- Weight training can be one of the most effective ways to lose weight quickly, due to the large amount of calories muscle tissue requires.
- Weight training also plays a major role in increasing bone density and strengthening bones. This can reduce the risk of Osteoporosis.
- Free weights allow for a greater variety of movements than machines. This means that movements closely related to specific sports can be adopted.
- Free weights are successful at exercising the stabilizer muscles which can help to increase movement and strength. This is one of the reasons that they are often preferred by athletes and enthusiasts.
At No.1 Fitness in Cross Hills, we have a large range of dumbells and barbells to ensure you can get the most out of your workout.
Free weights require a higher degree of skill to use correctly than resistance machines. It is important that you request instruction from one of the No 1 Fitness centres’ qualified instructors before using them. They will be able to offer expert advice, ensuring you use the weights safely and get the greatest benefits for your personal goals. To ensure you get the most out of your training regime please enquire about a personal trainer or a bespoke training regime.